Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Monday Made It - Well, Almost

I missed Monday!  Where does the time go?  August is fast approaching and there is soooo much to do.  Here are a few easy projects I've been working on...

Project 1 ~

Reuse the hangers from clothing you purchase.  I plan to use my hangers for anchor charts.  The charts will be easily moved from one place to another.  I will also be able to attach a second chart to the back and flip them around as needed.


Project 2 ~

I love the tracking charts I've seen on Pinterest.  I didn't know which one to use in my classroom so I made both the tennis shoes and paw prints.  Both turned out great!  Which one do you like better for 2nd graders?






Project 3 ~

I love using these recycled pockets from jeans for holding all the little bits and bobbles in my classroom.  The pockets are super cute, cheap, handy, super useful!  They don't take up much space on a bulletin board.  I have lots of different sizes that I use.  What do I do with the rest of the pair of jeans?  I use the worn out jeans to make quilts!  I'll have to post a picture when I get another quilt completed.





Project 3 ~

Dice shaker made from baby food containers.  I know these are all over Pinterest but I haven't seen any that were made from a recycled item.


Project 4 ~

From this...
To this...


Ice cream container + scrap book paper + mod podge = cheap, cute storage container

Project 5 ~

Home made raspberry pie! Yum!!!!! even though it was a little sour!

Thanks for visiting!  It has been a busy week.

Judy

4 comments:

  1. Those ice cream tubs are awesome! It's too bad my dad only buys Breyers. Maybe I could still get it to work though...hermmmm.

    And as for shoes or paw prints- you are right, they both turned out great. Would it be awful if the kids got to choose which one they wanted and so you had a mix of both? Or even change them mid-year to keep interest. Kind of a shame not to get use out of the two of them.
    ~Heather
    The Meek Moose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hangers? Pockets? Brilliant ideas!!!!!!!!!!! They'll both be showing up in my room. Love them both! Oh and that pie looks yummy!

    Sherri
    Books, Blocks and Baskets

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the jean pocket hangers!!! Brilliant--and what a great idea for the dice not rolling all over the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE the jeans!!! I have a pair of jeans right now that are torn beyond repair, I know what to do with them now! Thanks for linking up for the sale also! :)

    Casey
    Second Grade Math Maniac: Fall Sale!

    ReplyDelete