Sunday, July 8, 2012

Monday Made It

Don't you love Monday Made It with Tara!!! 

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the sweet and wonderful bloggers who share their ideas.  So little time and so much we could do.


Project 1
A quilt for baby Zoe! 


Project 2

My dear friends and I are off to summer camp for a week! Every summer we volunteer at a non-demoninational Bible camp.  During the week we will work in the kitchen cooking for about 200+ campers and staff.  Well, to perk up the kitchen I made three new aprons for each of us!  We do look very cute in the kitchen because we all match and we coordinate our shirts with the apron!

Project 3
I've been surfing the net for classroom library ideas.  Everyone has such fantastic ideas, pictures, and labels.  I thought for my purpose I would use my new bins from Dollar General.  When I saw the bins I bought all the green and blue ones they had - my classroom decor is all blue and green.

Next I thought about the labels and organization.  My super sweet daughter created an excel spread sheet with all the titles, authors, genre, and notes for all the books in my unorganized library.  By using this list I was able to sort all the my books.  I knew I would have to change my labels every so often so I opted to for hand written labels inside the name badge thingies.  I color coded the labels and finally will add a colored dot to each book to make it easy for my librarian to file the books each day.

Finally, this isn't a project but you have to keep a secret--here is a picture of the recycled items I'm hoarding collecting to use for future projects.  I did use some of my extra Dollar General bins to make it look pretty.  Oh, the secret part is keeping it from my extra sweet husband who totally supports all my endeavors.  I'm keeping the items in our game room, which is only used by our college aged daughters who are not at home for the summer.  Don't you think it's a great hiding space?


Have a wonderful week and think of me in the kitchen!

16 comments:

  1. Getting a classroom library organized and put together is a beast! Just thinking about how to arrange the books is difficult {by genre, by author, by level???} Your projects are great. And I hoard recycled materials, too!
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your projects!! Your aprons are too cute and that is so sweet of your to make them for you and your friends:) Love the hoarding....means your planning ahead:) Can't wait to see what you do with it all:)) Thanks for linking up:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you put labels on your baskets! I was dreading how I am going to label my baskets. I am going to use them as word work tubs. Now I know exactly what to do. Thanks for sharing!
    Mrs. Shelton’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quilt! I always start them...but never finish 'em :)
    Audrey
    The Sweet Life of Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your proejcts turned out great! The quilt is so beautiful! :)

    Delighted in Second
    Hope you will join my $20 TPT gift certificate giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so good to save containers ahead of time. Usually I think of a project and then have to go scrounging... You are very talented, the baby quilt is beautiful!

    Polka Dots and Teaching Tots

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to learn how to quilt! Maybe that can be my NEXT summer goal. :)

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey Judy
    I've been OBSSESSING about my library lately. I just worked on it yesterday. Wish I would've seen this post a day ago. Oh well. I'm a new follower. Great sewing, by the way.
    ann
    The Caffeinated Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the aprons. I always thought if I taught kindergarten, I would always wear an apron and have supplies in my pockets! I'm your newest follower. I would love to have you come by and visit my blog!

    www.ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you have some real talent...all I'm doing is painting on Modge Podge!lol I also love the blues anf greens together!

    Kelly @ I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute, cute! Excited to find another 2nd grade blog, too!



    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Love, Love, Love the fabric on the orange and green apron!

    Jena
    1st Grade with Miss Snowden

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your beautiful quilt. I got two new nieces last week. The aprons are lovely and to be used for such a wonderful activity.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha I just came across your blog and LOVE that you got bins to organize your recycled stash! I recruited my mother and grandmother to save toilet paper rolls for me last year and they haven't stopped! Needless to say I have two storage bins full of tp rolls and I'v gotta figure out what to do with them!!

    Glad I found your blog! I'll be a first year 2nd grade teacher this August!!!

    Ashley
    That's So Second Grade

    ReplyDelete