Friday, May 3, 2013
Five for Friday
Five random things or thoughts from the week... Hmmm,
1. Safari games - Does anyone else use this game? I create the games to reinforce concepts we are working on in our classroom. This week we are working on possessive pronouns and reading longer words with ai, ay, i, y, and igh.
2. I like to use the page protectors when the students are using the game pages. A cheaper way to protect the page and saves on lamination.
3. Lines of Symmetry - Fun time in math! Who doesn't like paint? My students had an enjoyable time applying the paint and folding their paper to show the line of symmetry.
4. Teaching text and graphic features - kuddos to Scholastic News and Post-It notes. We talked about captions, titles, headings, pictures, graphs, etc. this week. My students really got into the work when I gave them post-it notes to use to label various features they found in their Scholastic News. Following the "walk through" my students were much better prepared to read and complete the work for their Scholastic News.
5. Thank you to all the bloggers who passed along their ideas for the ABC countdown/celebration for the end of the year. We enjoyed our first five letters of the alphabet this week! My kiddos were so excited and look forward to each day. THANK YOU, Blogger friends for sharing your ideas!!!
6. More wedding plans - my daughter had her first dress fitting. How beautiful she looked in her dress, very simple and stunning!
Have a great weekend!