Friday, August 30, 2013

~ Five for Friday ~




Here it is another Friday, where do those weeks go?

This is my last official day of the summer.  I did have in-service for the past four days.  I still have things to do in my classroom but I'm taking some time off over the weekend for fun!

1 - Apple Time!  Fresh from the tree and ready for the oven.  This pie will be delicious with ice cream!  I'm so fortunate to have a dear hubby who takes care of our apple trees.

 


2 - Last weekend we visited my daughter and took a little side trip to Agate Beach.  We were in search of Lake Superior rocks for a project but found this sandy beach instead.



 


3 - The leads me to number three.  Here is the project we needed the rocks for, this great looking, one of a kind lamps!  I've seen them for as much as $225!  Just to let you in on a secret this one certainly didn't cost that much.  I have ideas for a couple of other rock related items.


4 - Oh, the final days of summer!  Now I know we will continue to have great weather during September and October but there is just something about school starting the really signals time to get down to business.  I wouldn't have it any other way - I love going to my classroom each day and spending time with my 2nd graders.



5 - Finally, I have a new product - Magic Tree House #45 A Crazy Day with Cobras literature unit.  I love working on these with my guided reading groups.



Oh, one more thing, I promised a room reveal awhile back but the meetings this week took sooo much time that pictures were the last thing on my mind.  Please check back and I'll try to get the pictures within the week.

Happy Labor Day!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! That pie looks great. I hope you enjoy your last summer weekend!
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete