Saturday, October 12, 2013

Five for Friday on Saturday


Hello Everyone!

 


Another long week... our school had MAPs assessments this week. MAPs stands for measure of academic progress. I know it only takes about an hour (at the most) out of the day but it sure throws the schedule out of sync. I am so proud of my kiddos, many of them did a great job.




If MAPs assessment were enough, our district also had Parent Teacher conferences this week. We were able to meet with parents on Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday after school until 7:00.  I was so happy to have 100% participation by the parents of my students!



Moms in Touch ROCK!!!  This group of mothers meets weekly to pray for our students, the school, and the teachers.  WOW!  In addition to the prayer support the Moms prepared a fantastic lunch for the staff on conference day. 
Thank you, Moms!


Going retro?  Here is a project my students worked on in between their weekly assessment.  I usually have the students read silently or finish work from the week but today I thought they needed a "brain break" and just enjoy coloring the project.  Where does the retro come in - a dear friend who worked in the classroom next door retired several years ago.  She always did this project and I'm sure she did it for a lot of years.  Other students who came into the room complimented  me on the very nice decorations that my class made.
 

Check out my new product on TpT, its a book study for Louis Sachar's book, Marvin Redpost Alone in His Teacher's House.  This is wonderful story!
Marvin Redpost Alone in His Teacher's House by Louis Sachar
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment