Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tried It Tuesday


Thanks, Holly for hosting Tried It Tuesday
 
     As my 2nd graders get more comfortable in the classroom and with each the talking level goes up.  Anyone else noticing that it is time for a classroom tune-up?  
 
     My kiddos know the rules but still have a hard time with volume control.  Up to now I've used my nice voice and even made a joke or two about their volume.  I was reading Jaime's post about Silent Light.  She is at Technology Up To Speed The lightbulb went off in my head - I sure could use that app. 
 
 
 
       Silent Light monitors the classroom noise level.  I've used the app for two days and my kiddos have been great!  As a class I ask the students how many points they think they can earn in a given period of time, I set the levels, and away we go.  For two days I have not had to remind my 2nd graders that their volume to too loud.  This really frees me up for my GR groups.  If my students meet the goal they set, I add 1 brownie to our brownie behavior pan.  I know that I am giving them more brownies than I usually do but it is totally worth it.  Like all good things I know this will come to an end and I'll have to find something else but until then I'm lovin' it!
 
     I usually don't buy apps but this one is worth the $3.99.  This app also has a variety of noise level tolerance to choose from, as well as, a numerous time limits.
 
Happy Tuesday!
 

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of this app and definitely need to check it out! It is so neat! Thanks so much for sharing and linking up. :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete