Sunday, July 13, 2014

Monday Made It - Let's Sew!



Thank you, Tara for your Monday Made It!  Its always a great time to sit back and check out all the great projects everyone is working on.

Last week I told you that I was trying to control "good stuff" that I plan to use for the upcoming school year. I was able to nab this shelf from another room in our house.  I did a happy dance when these super cute wire baskets were able to fit side by side on the shelves!  Notice the stash of peanut butter jars - I will use the jars for our Christmas project.  Wow! - prepared 5 months ahead of schedule.  Another basket contains the pant legs that I cut off of the jeans that I used for my book bags.  I am hoping to turn the pant legs into parts for a quilt.  This shelf sits in my sewing room so it is very handy.  I'm still on the look out for two more wire baskets to fill in the bottom shelf.

My second made it are aprons!  One day I made 5 aprons! No the aprons are not all for me.  One aprons will be used for our local library silent auction baskets - you know the baskets are filled with goodies and people bid on them. The other four aprons will be used by kitchen staff at the summer camp where I volunteer.  This is our cooking week!  I'm excited to spend a week with my friends working in the kitchen at camp.  Some people think we're crazy that we enjoy putting in 10-12 hour days cooking but it is a great "short term" mission project.  Of course we look very cute in our new aprons!

My third made it is "anything" bags.  When I sew the aprons there is always larger size scraps that I just can't toss out.  That is where the anything bag comes in.  I made lots of these over the years.  My daughters use them when they pack for jewelry and other small items, electronics, items in their purses, and lots more.  I use them in my classroom for game pieces - the bags are very quiet containers. This bunch of bags will be given away at Triton Academy class that I will be teaching in August.  Last year the teachers that scored the bags were thrilled.

Have a great week!


4 comments:

  1. Awesome that you were able to find a shelf in your house to use to get organized! I am eyeing a dresser and hutch in my bedroom that I think might work in my classroom, but I need to find more space. Isn't that always the case? How thoughtful of you to make aprons for others!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! I'm sure you will like the results.

      Delete
  2. That's great that you organized for your Christmas craft already! I don't even think of a Christmas craft until Dec. 20th...maybe I should!

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really hate to throw out good 'junk'.

      Delete