Thursday, January 1, 2015

Everything Gingerbread!


     What a fun time our class had with everything gingerbread!!!  Erin Lane created a fantastic 8 day Gingerbread Unit.  This unit has everything - spelling list, grammar connections, and writing.  I did add some of my materials to the unit - spelling worksheets and my own writing plan for a gingerbread tale.  Get your freebie here.
     
     Here a three spelling worksheets to go along with Erin's spelling list.  These are my students favorite type of sheets to complete.  I think the word shape is their very favorite!  Get your spelling freebies here and here.

     As an added bonus  many of the pages in Erin's unit are great for interactive notebooks.  I love the fact that my students are able to go back to their notebooks and retrace their learning.

     Here are gingerbread men the students created.  Thank you Dollar Tree for frequently having the just right item I need for my class.  The gingerbread house pattern is included in Erin's unit.





     My students had a great time writing their very own gingerbread tale.  As a result of the students hard work, they each published their own gingerbread book.  Our class has gingerbread snowmen, gingerbread hamster, gingerbread shark, and many more.  So creative!  My students were able to read their books to Kindergarten classes - thank you Mrs. S, Mrs. K, and Miss H for having us visit your classrooms.  

     Not all the students finished their books in time (insert my sad face) to be part of our picture. However, all students did finish their books and completed the assignment.  It is part of growing up that we won't always wait for some students to finish their assignments.  Sometimes they just need to learn the hard way.


Happy New Year!










No comments:

Post a Comment