Thursday, January 15, 2015

Taking a Vacation 

      It's hard to believe that Christmas vacation was two weeks ago!  Like many of my teaching friends, my plate if FULL!  So many things to accomplish and so little time.  It was because of this that I took a step away from 'teaching things' and decided to try my hand at making a jelly roll quilt.

      After a little a lot of Pinterest time and You Tube video watching I was ready to start stitching.  Those of you that throw yourself into a project, know what I mean about the feeling of having to do one more little part.  Well, the one more little part led to more little parts or in this case more strips and before I knew it I had the quilt top complete!

     Now that I have one jelly roll quilt under my belt, I'd like my next quilt to be black and white with a splash of a bright color.  I can only wait for my next vacation or least a long weekend with nothing to do (does that ever happen?)

     You may be wondering what I did with the quilt - my daughter in Minnesota is now the proud (I hope she's proud) owner of my first jelly roll quilt.  Enjoy, Amy!



No comments:

Post a Comment