Sunday, June 14, 2015

Reflect, Rejuvenate, and Refresh

    One week of summer vacation gone.  Teachers understand how precious each day of summer vacation can be.  Summer is our time to reflect, rejuvenate, and refresh. Like many of you, I have a long to do list for the summer. I find that working from a list is important for me and probably you also.  Although I love lists and organization I have to remember to allow time to rejuvenate.

     This past week I did some spring cleaning.  Can you relate to the piles that accumulate during the school year?  I love the feeling of getting rid of items and refreshing our home space.  My closet appreciated my refreshing endeavors also. 



     On to organizing my piles of accumulated school related items.  I was doing a happy dance when I threw out many old papers, by old I'm talking only three years old.  If I haven't needed it in three years do I really need to hold on to it any longer.  As I reflect on the items I'm getting rid of, I can't help but think why did I get it in the first place?  Did I really need to print out all 50 pages of a certain packet I purchased? Did I really need to buy five containers when three is really what I needed for my classroom?  

     You get the picture.  I need to remember before I purchase something to reflect and think, do I need this? 

     Summer also brings time to slow down and enjoy time with friends.  This past week I started a Bible study with many ladies from our church.  We are working through the book Choosing Simplicity Embracing the Benefits of a Simpler Life.  How wonderful to sit back, learn, and visit with other ladies.

     Many happy days of summer are ahead of us.  Take time to reflect, rejuvenate, and refresh.  I'd love to hear how you are taking time to do all three.



     

No comments:

Post a Comment