Saturday, September 5, 2015

Five For Friday


Thank for hosting, Doodle Bugs!

This week was our first week of school, we only had four days but what a tiring four days!  Enough said - You know what I'm talking about!

Here are my five things from the week...







I'll start with a non-school thing.  I had a chance to get these made on Monday before going back to school on Tuesday. Delicious refrigerator pickles. Yum!





I ordered this fantastic Scotch double sided tape dispenser.  I love it!!!  Wow, it sure makes using the double sided tape much easier.






PBIS - so many rules, routines, and guidelines to teach.  This is our 4th year working on the school's positive behavior. Each year we begin the day with an all school assembly then break into grade levels to visit various stations.  Our stations include the bus, cafeteria, bathroom, hallway, before/after school, and playground.  The adult at each station presents the guidelines to the students.  This ensures that all the students and adults hear the same message.

Next year we have plans to switch things up and put a new spin on the presentations.  We're thinking videos or more interactive stations.  Since we do this on the first day of school all those little ones (and big ones) are just getting used to sitting and listening.  By the afternoon many of the kids just want to lay down and listen or not listen.




A busy first week...

Lots of get to know you and name learning activities.  
THANK YOU 
friends for all of your fantastic ideas!  Wow, every year I find something new that I like better than the previous year.  Again THANK YOU!

We also eased into our reading time with partner activities and read to myself time.  My students enjoyed this cup stacking activity.  Student selects a cup from the bag, reads the word, then adds it to their pyramid.  Smiles and giggles  erupt even when all the cups fall down!  


Students spent some time completing our STAR reading assessment.  My students did great, everyone used our classroom iPads to complete the assessment.




Now to the long weekend...hmmm what to do sleep, read, go to the cottage, relax, work in the garden, clean the house, laundry. I think you know where I'll be!  

Enjoy your long weekend!


Oh, one more thing -
Stop by on Thursday for my Thrifty Thursday - Teacher Style. I'd love to visit with you!



No comments:

Post a Comment