Saturday, October 31, 2015

Five for Friday

Hey Friends!


Thanks Doodlebugs for your weekly Five for Friday!!!

Halloween week, how exciting!  I'm so glad our party was on a Friday.  Way better than starting the week off on a party high.  Don't you agree?

Here was my week...

1 - We completed the Skulls and Bones graphing activity.  I found out that my kiddos were good at making the graph but the interpretation of data was a different story. We'll have to focus on that several more times throughout the school.




2 - This week we took off soaring with bat-tastic learning!  We started the week with a blank anchor chart and recorded our schema first.  Of course, this took some teaching about schema.  Once the students got it, they were using the word! 

I like adding the students' initials on the schema section.  They really take ownership and want their initials to be recognized also.
While seaching Pinterest for some anchor chart inspiration I found a chart on  this site - 
I would like to thank Lindsay and give her credit for inspiring me!

We continued the week with some bat poetry and added to our chart.

We ended the week writing a short non-fiction piece about bats.  I was so happy my classroom volunteer was in our room on Thursday to get our painting done.  
Mrs. Hoida, you're the best!!!

Here is our great hallway display!
If this is your painting idea please let me know so I can give you credit.

3 - More math activities...
While at the grocery store a while back I grabbed a bag of ghost marshmallows.  Of course at the time I just knew I would create a cute graphing project.  Well, as you know life happens and I found the bag of ghosts tucked safely inside the cupboard.  Since I didn't want these little guys to just get stale in the cupboard I had my math class graph them!  
Win, win, win! - great math lesson, tasty treat, and the ghosts are out of my cupboard!

We also had a chance to play some great math games.  Sorry but I don't know where these wonderful games came from.  If they are your product, give me a shout so I can give you credit.

4 - Okay this was from last week but I didn't have a chance to post a 5 for Friday last week.  To conclude our spider-rific learning we made these cuties.  (Thank you Pinterest!)  How cute to see everyone engaged in creating their own spiders.  There were smiles all around when they were able to finally eat these little guys.

5 - Busy weekend with family.  We were so happy to have my niece, her husband and their two girls visiting us for the weekend.  At one point there were toys all over!  If you know me that is not a usual look for my house.

Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic weekend!

6 comments:

  1. You had a fun and busy week! My students are writing narratives from a turkey's point of view. Maybe I can adapt your painting activity to a turkey illustration! Have a great weekend.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a great idea! I'll be visiting your blog to see how your pictures turn out.

      Delete
  2. Oooo, I like the graphing activity, I've made note of that for next year! Thanks!
    http://wewillrock2.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete