Thursday, October 1, 2015

Thrify Thursday - Teacher Style

Hi Friends!  
It's Rachel again...

Our/my days are hectic! 

For me the day starts between 5-6 AM with the baby waking up. Then I have a couple hours filled with getting the baby ready for daycare, feeding the dogs, feeding the horse, packing lunches, getting my husband up and going (wouldn't we all like a few extra minutes cuddled in bed), and finally getting myself ready to go to work. 

Then it's time to head to work for the day. After a long day at work the last thing I want to worry about is what to cook for dinner that night. 

Since having a baby and going back to work, the crockpot has been my best friend for dinner.  Like many of you having dinner ready when I get home from work is a blessing, so much better than running through the drive-thru.

All you have to do is throw all the ingredients in before you leave and like magic you have an amazing dinner all ready when you get home. 

This recipe is not only really good but, also really thrifty dinner to make and a great comfort food. This is Pinterest inspired recipe and if it is your recipe let me know so I can credit you.

You only 4 ingredients -  a can of cream of mushroom soup (.60 cents on sale this week), a can of cream of chicken soup (.60 cents on sale this week), a packet of ranch dip mix ($1.00 at most places or I'm you could use spices to make your own like my mom does), and some pork chops.  The two cans of soup work best for four to five pork chops. 


First, spray your crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.

Then place the pork chops on the bottom.



Sprinkle the ranch dip over the pork chops.

Sprinkle with a little rosemary and add a bay leave (remember to remove the bay leave when you serve your pork chops.)


Then dump both of the soups on top of that.  Do not add water.

Put your crockpot on low for 6-8 hours and like magic you have dinner ready when you come home.  Don't you love the smell when you open the door to your home at the end of a long day!


We add rice or mashed potatoes and green beans or corn to make it a delicious hot dinner. 

Until next time,
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this one. It looks really good. We don't eat much pork, but I'm thinking it'd work well with chicken.

    ReplyDelete