Friday, November 27, 2015

Five For Friday

Where do the weeks go?  Can it possibly be Friday again?!
Thanks, Doodlebugs for hosting Five for Friday!


 
Fun reading activities!  Students played a Mayflower board game using fall/Thanksgiving words.  Learning Palette is always a favorite activity with my students.  I love the Learning Palette - it has a wonderful self-checking feature.





This week our Thanksgiving science activity was a Mayflower Ship Building Engineering activity.  The original activity used modeling clay and I didn't want to purchase any extra materials so we used foil to make our Mayflower ships.  I modified Andrea Knight's activity just a little.  Thank you, Andrea for your creativness!


 I love our classroom Thanksgiving time treats.  Here is another treat of the month.  

We made pumpkin muffins.  During our mixing/
preparing session we made lots of science connections - five senses, chemical reactions, and liquids and solids.
Like many of you our school has a week long vacation for Thanksgiving!  Time to sit back and enjoy a slower pace to the day.

I added a new product to my TpT store.  Magic Tree House book #1 Dinosaurs Before Dark.  Stop by my store to grab your copy of this literature unit.  The unit is in a half page format.  The unit contains lots of spiral review options for the student.  For example, long vowels, hard and soft c & g, r-blends, syllables, -ing words, and more.



Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a fun week! I really like the engineering activity!

    ReplyDelete