Thursday, December 31, 2015

Thrifty Thursday - Teacher Style


Happy Thursday, Friends! and
Happy New Year! (a few hours early)

If you are like me I haven't really thought about my classroom very much during Christmas vacation.  I think this is a good thing.  Everyone needs to take a step back and relax once in awhile.

Today I want to share a link with you to a great site I found for science and craft activities.  During some Pinterest searching I discovered Ray Pajar at GetCraftyCrafty.com.  He has wonderful YouTube demonstrations for all of his activities. 

I made the jellyfish in a water bottle to go along with our reading unit for next week (I guess I did think about my classroom a little:o).  The project just took a few minutes to make.  The longest part was cutting the tentacles on the jellyfish.

Super easy to follow Ray's instructions and he uses materials that are easily found around the house or can be picked up at the store.

I did some dollar store shopping after Christmas.  I was a little disappointed with my finds but I was able to get a great start on my student gifts for next year!  I found 8" stuffed bears for 50 cents each, Christmas themed pencils with fancy erasers for 25 cents each, and fancy pens for 50 cents each.
Maybe I'll check back again to see if they have something for 75% off!

No comments:

Post a Comment