Thursday, January 14, 2016

Thrifty Thursday - Teacher Style

Today I'm sharing an organizational idea with you. 

Do you write students' names on your board as a reminder for yourself or the students? 

On Monday I would my students' names on the board - this was a reminder that everyone needs to complete their required minutes for Lexia, a reading program.  Monday would end and I would erase several names. Next, I would rewrite the list because the empty spaces didn't look good and I didn't like the messy look. Tuesday the process would be repeated and so on throughout the week. 

I knew there had to be a better way.  Here is my organizational plan for maintaining a neat list.  I printed out my students' names and placed them in a pocket chart.  I was liking the look of this list immediately, much neater than a hand written list on the board.


Now when a student completes their Lexia time I use a post-it note to cover their name.  The list always looks neat and takes up less space than the handwritten list.  There is extra space on the pocket chart for other lists or reminders for my students.

If you have an organizational idea leave a comment and/or a link to your great idea.

Pop back on Friday or maybe Saturday for my Five for Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment