Thursday, March 10, 2016

Thrifty Thursday - Teacher Style


How can it be Thursday already?!  Do you feel the same way I do?  It seems like the weeks just fly by.

This week I'm sharing a writing idea.  To connect with our story from the Journeys reading series I came up with this activity, My Name is ____ ... Selfie!

Here is what we did...
We talked about selfies.  I learned that second graders have varied experiences with selfies.  
Student took selfies with my iPad and emailed the picture to themselves.
Then students wrote a list on 10 adjectives about themselves.  I had a conference with each student.
Next, following their conference students used a thesaurus to find stronger synonyms for some adjectives.  At this point the students also had the opportunity to use an adjective list to add to their list.
Finally, students incorporated their keyboarding skills and Chromebook knowledge to insert their picture and type their list of adjectives.  Also, they printed their document to have it ready for the final project.

Today the students will cut out their selfie, words, and title and assemble everything for a finished project.  Stop by for my Five for Friday to see the finished projects.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment