Thursday, July 14, 2016

Thrifty Thursday - Teacher Style




Hello Friends!

I'm a little late with my post today.  Most of the time I have this completed on Wednesday evening.  But like you, summer time is a relaxed time in the teacher world!  Insert a big sigh here!  So sometimes I just lose track of time.

I went to my favorite Dollar Tree last week and also this week.  I scored a great find with these books!  I love the National Geographic Kids books and so do my students.  I do cringe a little when I see my books getting folded, bent, tattered well used and loved.  I did pick up two copies of the Planes, Trucks, and Trains books because I enjoy seeing students partner reading and sharing the information they read.

I have noticed that for the past two school years my students have really been into non-fiction books.  I think they really like acting/being an "expert" in many different areas.  Along with being an expert, if you've read about some of my anchor charts, often our class discussions will start with students telling me what they already know about a certain subject.  So I guess the non-fiction connection fits.

The Just Joking books will be used for a special area in my classroom.  More on that special area later this summer.

Happy Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment