Thursday, August 18, 2016

Thrifty Thursday - Teacher Style



August is half over!!! Whaaat! How can summer vacation be winding down already?  How many of you feel like I do?

Like you my thoughts are on school - big time.  Since attending the Math Workshop in July, I've been inspired to change up things for my math time.  I plan to start my school year with various subitizing activities and number sense development.

Subitizing is the skill of instantly recognizing a quantity without having to count each object.  This skill aids in students' number sense.  

This brings me to my Thrifty Thursday activity I created just for you (and me) to start the school year.  Click here to grab your copy in my TpT store.

Flip Flop Subitizing is a memory-type game to reinforce your students' number sense.  

Enjoy this freebie!  I plan to print my on the bright neon paper and of course laminate.  Maybe the flip flops will prolong summer just a little longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment