Thursday, September 15, 2016

Thrifty Thursday - Teacher Style



WOW!  Is it really Thursday again!  How can time fly by so quickly?  (I hear you, in 'teacher world' time is consumed by listening to kids tell you about aches and pains, forms, procedures, documentation, lesson planning, more documentation, and more and more ...)  Sorry to get to side tracked. 

I had some of these ice cream tubs sitting around and decided to pretty them up by mod podging scrap book paper on them.  I didn't really have a plan for them other than I didn't want to see the ice cream label anymore.

Cue light bulb moment - Turn one into my classroom first aid kit!  Each school year our school nurse gives us a plastic bag with band-aids and gloves.  Once in a while we will get other first aid supplies.  Most of these plastic bags went in the bottom drawer in my desk.  Anytime a student asked for a band-aid I had to get it for them.

Now that I have a first aid kit handy for the kiddos, they can get their own band-aid for all the little scratches.  The big stuff they still make a trip to the office for medical attention.  The first aid kit also in easy access for a substitute teacher (this is a big plus).

Since I have set out my little first aid kit, it has cut down on trips to my desk to get band-aids for the students and cut down on trips to the office for medical attention.  The kids just ask for a band-aid and they can get it independently.

This is a little change in my classroom that has saved me time!  Give it a try - I would love to hear how you manage band-aids.
Only one more day until the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I really like it! You have cute crafts and great ideas on a variety of topics!! I can definitely use these ideas in my classroom!! Kristin - Topeka, KS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting! I'm glad you found me!

    ReplyDelete