Thursday, September 22, 2016

Thrifty Thursday - Teacher Style



Happy Thursday!

I'm here this week with a tip about managing classroom jobs.  In the past I would try to have a wide variety of jobs so everyone could have a job and everyone would work together.  I quickly (maybe five years) found out that I was doing all the reminding students they had jobs and telling them what to do.  It just wasn't working for me.

Fast forward to several years ago.  I decided that only two students (1 boy and 1 girl) would do all the jobs for the day. 

 Viola!!!  Stress reduced. 

Everyday I have two students do all the jobs in the classroom.  Every time I need something done they are my go to people.  At the end of the day, they are the ones that manage the clean up time and do the clean up if necessary.  They plug in the chromebooks and iPads, they pick up the little pieces of paper, and on and on.  You get the picture.  No more, "Who is the technology helper?" or "Who is the floor cleaner?" and on and on.

Here is a picture of my Be Helpful board.  I write all the names on the two rings and just flip through day after day.  So easy!

I would love to hear how you manage your classroom helpers.
Happy first day of fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment