Saturday, October 1, 2016

Five for Friday


Thanks, Doodle Bugs for hosting!

This week students at our high school had their SYATP (see you a the pole) before school prayer time.  This is an event all across the country.  It was so great to drive past the high school and see this bunch of students in prayer for our school, community, country, and world.



I love having student leaders in my classroom.  As the school year begins, I begin developing the students' skills at speaking in front of the class.  The biggest challenge is always reminding the students to pay attention to the speaker.  Often the speaker/leader will start talking when several students are still chatting with their neighbor.  (When do they learn to not visit?!?)


Our math workshop is up and running for the most part.  I say for the most part because on Monday a new classroom aide will be added to our mix.  The new person will definitely be welcomed!  


Our new book check out system is great!  Grab my iPad and snap the student's picture with their book.  They love getting their pictures taken and I have a super quick way to document who has books checked out of our classroom.  Most of the students are very good at showing me the book when they return it and then I delete their picture.  Every so often I check through my pictures and ask if a book has been returned.  No more hand written lists!


Finally, a weekend with no activities!  The forecast is rainy so maybe I'll get some inside task accomplished.

Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I have a no-agenda weekend too! Unless, of course, you count the back of work I brought home! Have a great weekend!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete