Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Great Beginning Chapter Books

Happy Christmas vacation, Friends!

     Like so many of you I am enjoying family, friends, time off, and just a change of pace.  It is also a pleasure to have extra time to work on new materials for my classroom.

     During my extra time I have been working on materials for my reading time.  Several sweet girls in my classroom have the goal of reading chapter books and earn additional AR ribbons and jewels.  The girls are a bit below grade level and I would love, love, love for them to achieve their goal.

     Our school has the Accelerated Reader (AR) program.  As part of the AR program, students earn ribbons and jewels for the many books they read.  As students read higher level books they earn more ribbons and jewels.  Generally during second grade students really get into the groove of reading and earning AR ribbons and jewels.

     To help my students achieve their next goal I searched my classroom library for chapter books at their level.  I found several Patricia Reilly Giff books perfect for the girls and students just beginning their chapter book reading journey.

     Here are two new book packets that I will be using with my sweet girls.  Visit my TpT store to get your copy of All About Stacy and B-e-s-t Friends.


     I would love for you to check back often for new products, Thrifty Thursday - Teacher Style post, and Five for Friday!

     It's almost ready - Popcorn Solid Read Aloud!  Stop by tomorrow for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment