Thursday, December 1, 2016

Thrifty Thursday - Teacher Style



Happy December 1st! 

How is that even possible!  Christmas decorations are popping up around the school.  I put mine up yesterday after school with the help of three students who have parents that work in the school.  It was such a big help!

Today's thrifty idea is all about student Christmas gifts.  Over the years I have tried many different gifts for my students. Some students appreciate the gifts they get and others seem like they could care less about the gift or even "wrinkle their nose" at the gift.

This year I've decided to give my students 12 Days of Christmas gifts.  Why?  Because I will spend less money, make each day special, and incorporate some activities that we would have done anyway.  Now those classroom activities are part of their Christmas gift!

Here is a list of the gifts I'm giving my kiddos.  These are not in any particular order.

-Christmas pencil
-Christmas eraser
-Christmas stickers (I'll give each student one fancy sticker to decorate their folder)
-hot cocoa and holiday movie
-lunch in the classroom with a holiday cartoon
-extra recess
-Christmas bingo (with starbursts for prizes)
-candy cane
-chew gum in class
-homemade Christmas cookie
-Christmas tree cake (little debbie type)
-Christmas bouncy ball

Many of the gifts I found at my favorite Dollar Tree store!  Love that store!

I'll let you know how my 12 Days of Christmas gifts work out in my classroom.  I would love to hear what your give your students for Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment