Thursday, February 16, 2017

Thrifty Thursday - Teacher Style




Happy 2 days after Valentine's Day!

     What a busy week, more to come about that on my Five for Friday!  So stop on back tomorrow.  This week was especially busy with Valentine's Day and the 100th Day both on the 14th.  I was happy to have both on the same day, make it just one big activity day.

     The thrifty idea this comes from our math class and our activities for the 100th and Valentine celebrations.  To make the day special in math class, I set up eight different centers around the room (more about that tomorrow).  One of the centers was - Cupid's Coins.  Students selected a card and used the coins to make the money amount. 

     Here is a copy of the money amount cards.  Guess what?  I didn't put hearts and cupids on the cards so you can use them in a center for a different holiday, maybe - Leprechaun Loot or Bunny's Money Bag or you get the idea.  The cards can be used again and again.  I know I will be using the cards again for another special center day.






No comments:

Post a Comment