Thursday, February 23, 2017

Thrifty Thursday - Teacher Style

Happy Thursday! It is a happy Thursday for me - we have a vacation day tomorrow.  Today was a professional day, so I was in meetings all day.

Here is a super thrifty idea!  In fact, there is no cost involved only time.

This great idea comes from Peppy Zesty Teacherista. Thank you, Amber for your fantastic example!  Check out her original post here.

Amber's post inspired me to make a set of colorful word cards for my classroom.  At first I thought maybe a set for every desk group but my second thought was the kiddos aren't always the best at sharing.  So I created a set to hang near my High Frequency Word Wall.

To make the colorful word cards I wrote the word at the top of the card.  Following, the synonyms were written in the various spaces down the paint chip card.  I also left space at the bottom of some cards so we can add more words as the year goes on.

Pinterest also has bunches of ideas like this for shades of meaning for words.

Enjoy your day,

No comments:

Post a Comment