Thursday, April 27, 2017

Thrifty Thursday - Teacher Style


Happy Thursday, Friends!

     Today we're talking about one of my favorite non-teaching topics but certainly related to teaching - ORGANIZATION!  I know you like organization too.  As teachers, we all have our organization habits, tricks, and tips.  I know it is the end of the year but maybe you're looking for a different twist on your organization.

     I struggled with writing to do lists on sticky notes, in a spiral notebook, on scrap paper, I even made a teacher binder like so many others and I'm probably forgetting some other things I've tried. Each of these were abandoned after a little while, with the exception of the scrap paper lists.  

     With this in mind I decided to "pretty" it up and viola I have something that I am able to use and maintain.  It does help that a very sweet parent gave me a handy clip board complete with an inside pocket!

     Why does this system work for me?  I am able to see the entire week at a glance, it keeps my preps focused, and it has ample space for notes.  Oh, and one more thing, if I feel the need for the scribbled extra notes - the entire back of the paper is free!
     I have at least a 30-40 minute prep everyday and one day is a common planning day with my 2nd grade team mate.  With that in mind I divided up my week to keep Monday and Friday light and Tuesday through Thursday as my heavy planning/organization days.

     The thrifty part of this post, I have my time budgeted and I don't waste those precious prep moments.
    
     I would love to hear how you keep yourself organized.

Until you visit again,
Judy



No comments:

Post a Comment