Thursday, May 18, 2017

Thrifty Thursday - Teacher Style



The last days of school are rapidly approaching!  I don't know about you but we have 11 days left.  Even my students are in disbelief (mostly) that we have so few days left.  I do love hearing, "No, we won't have you for our teacher anymore!"

Here is a prediction chart that you can use with just about any chapter book.  Currently my whole class is reading Chocolate Fever.  As we are going through the book, the students complete the chart for each chapter.  When students have filled their chart they simply staple another sheet into their notebook and continue to take their notes. 


The text evidence column is a biggie for the kiddos.  My second graders are good at making predictions and inferences but when asked to support their answer with text evidence that took a little more thought.  I did a lot of modeling for identifying text evidence and we have worked on it together.  As we continue through the book they will work on this skill independently.

Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with my Five for Friday.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment