Monday, July 3, 2017

Monday Made It



Tara, a big thank you from everyone who enjoys visiting your weekly Monday Made It!!!

New Substitute Folder - When I have a planned absence I write detailed lesson plans.  However, there are those days when I don't want to drag myself to my computer to write lengthy, detailed plans for my teaching partner to print off and deliver.  You know as well as I do that those plans don't get followed to the extent you thought they would. 

To take care of this I redid my sub folder.  Everything is included for the sub to have successful day.  Here is a list of the pages I included:

Morning & Afternoon Routine
Daily Procedures
Details
Class Schedule
Specials Schedule
Class List
Behavior Expectations
Substitute Lesson for each class
Emergency Procedures

Each of the pages is written with bullet points so it is easy to read. 

The folder is 3-prong vinyl folder with a cut out cover.  Each page is slipped into a page protector.


I plan to set the folder on my desk each night before I leave school so it will be ready if a substitute will be called.

Sparkly Pineapple - Look what I found on a visit to my favorite Dollar Tree!  A sparkly pineapple!!!  The quote came from a kitchen towel and also from Pinterest search.  I created my classroom coordinated quote to hang alongside my wonderful pineapple.  I'm thinking Molly Lou Melon books during the first week of school.

Sewing Project - Just in time for the 4th of July, my daughter and I made these fun table runners.  I did a quick search of my fabric stash and found enough red, white, and blue fabric to make these cuties!


Happy 4th of July week!

Judy


4 comments:

  1. Love the pineapple and the quote, may be using that! I'm doing a project this summer with fabric too, I want to create fabric rag garland to use as curtains in my classroom. They don't require sewing though, just cutting and tying strips to a long piece of ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You remind me I need to update my substitute folder this year. I love the window binder- haven't seen those. And your runners are a great project for using up scraps, and SO cute. See you around. Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your table runners!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sub folder is a great idea. Better to be prepared ahead of time! I wish I could sew- your runners are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete